To support data controllers with the joint processing and sharing arrangements several documents have been prepared.
The documents attached below include:
- Materials to support referrals to Multi-Disciplinary Teams (MDTs) and Integrated Care Teams (ICTs).
- Materials to support more general referrals.
- Posters that can be displayed in public areas.
- Leaflets that can be given to members of the public, patients and service users.
- An example display screen message that can be displayed in public areas.
Earlier public engagement activity
Earlier public engagement activity takes two forms:
- Members of the public (as represented by local healthwatch and public and patient engagement forums) are invited to and generally attend regular programme boards as well as assembly, council and members meetings where information governance matters and sharing arrangements are discussed.
- Around a dozen events involving the public have been held across the various health and social care economies covered by the sharing framework since 2016 in respect of the major interoperability and sharing proposals of the partner organisations.
Recent and planned public, patient and service user communications activity
Please see below a summary of the future (potentially annual) public, patient and service user communications activity:
- Mailing to all addresses including of a leaflet as part of the spring Council Tax mailings
- Emailing all NHS staff through organisation distribution lists
- Emailing all Local Authority staff through organisation distribution lists
- General Practice attendees
- The provision of posters and leaflets for GP surgeries
- Inclusion of message on waiting room screen
- A&E attendees and admissions
- Posters and leaflets on display
- Statements in discharge letters
- Articles in Trust magazines
- Posters in Secondary Schools
- Opportunistic public contact with the inclusion of a standard paragraph on all outgoing mail, signposting website for further information
Every data controller will have their own website for public, patient and service user communications. Examples of how joint processing and sharing arrangements are supported are provided by the following websites